We are in and settled!


Sunday afternoon I sent out the following email to our family to let them know where we were at...and I thought it was just as fitting to post it here! Since then, we have finished setting up the house ( I have been so thankful for the help and tips with where to hang pictures and what to put where!) and we are feeling very much at home!!!

The tenants in the basement have kindly let us use their internet...so, I get to let you all know how it went! :)

This past week, I was reminded of the quote by Elizabeth Elliot ( I think it was her), "God's grace does not go where our thoughts often take us"! His grace is sufficient for the day, the hour, the moment!

Wednesday my stomach felt in knots with all that needed to be done and just how overwhelming moving is....and I had to keep preaching to myself to just take it one step at a time and to keep my eyes on Jesus...here is a glimpse of our great God.

-We had 10 guys come help us move (and the main floor of the house wasn't ready for us so we ended up having to move it all into the garage at the new place and treat the U-Haul like a second garage to store the rest of it in overnight). Our stuff was literally packed to the ceiling in the garage. The guys were great...cheerful, joking, and hard working!

-a family in our church watched the kiddos all that evening while the move was going on and fed them dinner!

-One of the gals in our small group made dinner for all of the guys and stayed with me at the old house cleaning it...HUGE BLESSING!!!!

-We got into our new place at noon on Thursday and our youth pastor came over and he and Bryan got the whole U-Haul unloaded and half of the garage into the house. A couple of the ladies in our church helped move around boxes and put them in the right rooms.

-By Thursday evening all the furniture was in the house and an elder and his wife brought us dinner....a full course turkey dinner!! :)

-Friday a dear couple stepped in like adopted parents :) He came at 9 am and stayed all day....helping Bryan set up bunk beds, tables, media equipment, and helped him with boxes and the garage. His wife helped me unpack the whole kitchen and then they bought pizza and stayed for dinner!!!

-Saturday I got the rest of the boxes unpacked, Bryan got a lot of the garage done and we got most of the pictures on the downstairs floor hung up (thanks to help from our new sweet neighbor who is also my friend from church). And we even sat down with big bowls of ice cream and watched a movie that night! :)

-We are working on the bedrooms and garage today....but I look back and my eyes fill with tears at how God brought along just the right people at just the right times to help and minister to us! It has been beautiful and humbling....and ALL GOD!!!!!

-The kids have been outside almost non-stop (and did I mention that it didn't rain at all while we moved??!!!!)....playing hockey in the street with neighbor boys and the girls playing with a friend from church who lives across the street!!! It's truly amazing!!!!!

I need to go...but couldn't wait to tell you about God's provision these last few days!

"O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will praise Your name. For You have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure." Isaiah 25:1

Comments

Michelle P said…
I know you've been busy and all, but I want pictures!!!!!!!!!!! :) I have to see everything in it's place (did you end up putting the piano in front of the stairs?)
SO thankful you had so much help with the move!
Yes, pictures ... we want pictures.