I want to get away...

"On one occasion, while the crowd was pressing in on Him to hear the Word of God, He was standing by the lake of Gennesaret...getting into one of the boats...He sat down and taught the people from the boat." Luke 5:1-3

As moms, I think we can all relate to being "pressed into". Sometimes, it can seem downright overwhelming when our kids seem to need us even to breath or when they are, quite literally, grabbing onto us and pressing into us. Those are the moments when all I can think is "I want to get away" or, if I am being perfectly honest, the thought in my head might be more along the lines of "GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!".:)

What is just so beautiful to me is that Jesus knows exactly how we feel...AND He responded without sinning!!! He is our perfect example. His response to the crowd humbles me. He didn't flee...He sat down at taught them. His focus was not on being served but serving and giving them what their hearts so desperately needed...Words of life!

May we, as moms, follow Jesus' lead and may our heart's cry for and to our children be that of Samuels in 1 Samuel 12:23-24:

"Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you, and I will instruct you in the good and the right way. Only fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things He has done for you."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, just like Jesus got in the boat (he put a little distance between himself and the crowd) I am wondering how I can do that too. Maybe from the other side of the bathroom door! :-) ha ha

There are times when I just need a bit of space.

I, like you, appreciate how much Jesus can relate to and empathize with us in our struggles. How fortunate we are to have a High Priest who prays for us and knows just how to do that!