Just a thought...


I have been tremendously blessed over the past 8 years (or so) of reading through the Bible each year! A person just can't get enough of God's Word!:) His Word truly is LIVING and ACTIVE!!

But, there is a new habit that the Pichura Family has sought to create in the last few months that has been a huge blessing in my own life, as well. Each morning (okay...most mornings!) we read one Psalm and one Proverb. The Proverb corresponds to the date of the month and we just keep plugging along in the Psalms.

In my Bible reading plan I read a part of a Psalm and a Proverb but rarely is there a full chapter on any given day...and what a treasure it has been to read a chapter in it's totality. The Psalms lift my heart to praise the Lord...no matter how difficult the day may seem and Proverbs...I wish I could cram it all into my brain so I would make wise choices the first time around in all I say and do! I am so thankful for the "hands-on" wisdom that shoots out like a geyser in each verse of every chapter!

...it's been a gift to my heart...thought it might be to yours as well!

Comments

Psalms and/or Proverbs are (almost!) always a daily for me too!---regardless of wherever else I'm currently at in my Bible. I agree w/ you on loving the wisdom that comes from Proverbs (and wishing it would just "stick"---forever!!), but I also love how the Psalms teach and remind us SO much about who God is!---and who we are---and His relationship with us! If I had to pick "favorites" in the Bible, this might well be the book!

I hope your kids grow to love this habit that you are leading them into!! :)

Miss you guys!!