May 10th, 1996


15 years ago Bryan and I went on our first date. I can't remember a lot these days, but I can still remember what he was wearing...blue jeans and a white shirt...he looked mighty handsome!:) At that moment, I had no idea that that day would mark the beginning of an amazing 15 year journey that would include multiple states, the death of our firstborn, the gift of 6 more children, adoption, surgeries, youth, family and head pastorates, home school ( I said I never would!), and a move to another country!:) It's been harder than I ever imagined, more beautiful than I ever imagined, and I am more in love with Bryan than I could have ever imagined!

About a month after we first started dating, I knew I wanted to marry him (I have a journal to prove it!). And it wasn't just because of how my heart pounded the second I saw him walk into a room...it was because, above all, his heart beat for the Lord. That meant our hearts were beating to the same music...and, by the grace of God, it's the music we are still dancing to!

Comments

Pichura said…
I've loved and love "dancing" with you!!! Many years from now a similar post will be made and the only difference will be the picture will contain two geezers but still smiling ear to ear!
Bryan

When we gave you permission to marry our daughter, you said you were a Baptist - and Baptists don't dance. Are you now confessing publicly that you took our daughter out dancing without our knowledge?

On second thought, I've watched you "skimboard" (dance on water) and it's likely that what you call "dancing" is what most observers call "flopping on the floor." I'm just glad that Kristin loves you enough to have waited 15 years for you to have changed the music you dance to :)

Go Red Sox!
Anonymous said…
Congrats you two!

Dan and I are just past the 9 year dating mark(may 8), time sure does fly!

Blessings as you continue your journey together with our Lord!

Pam