Birthday Bonanza!

This past weekend we had the sweet blessing of seeing my parents, three of my brothers, and my sister-in-law. They all came up to celebrate my dad and Titus' birthdays! God gave us amazing weather and we had a fun long weekend of celebrating! Titus' birthday was spent at the beach (and, of course, watching the Canucks beat the Bruins!) and my Dad's was spent worshipping the Lord at church and watching Micah play a great game of ball.

What a gift it was to be with family and what a gift it was to be able to celebrate the lives of some of my most favorite people...my dad and my son!







Dad,

You and mom raised a "quiver full" of children and God's Word says that makes you blessed :)...but, truthfully, I feel like I am the one blessed even more. I am so thankful to be your daughter. So thankful for your godly council, words of wisdom, and your friendship. You are trustworthy and patient and the sacrifices you make do not go unnoticed. My heart rejoices in each year of life God keeps giving you because it's one more year that we get to enjoy the gift of you! Love you, Dad!


Titus Nathanael,

Just thinking about you puts a smile on my face...there is something about you, dear son, that is just contagious!:) Your smile melts more than my heart...and your giggle's are music to my ear.

Life is never boring for you. You are always on some type of adventure and seem to have an "outfit" to fit the roll you are playing. Just yesterday you were decked out in hockey gear one moment, catcher's gear the next and, by evening, you were a cop!:)
And I know all the Narnia gear you bought with your birthday money will transform you into a little "Peter" and our home into a "battle ground"!:)

You remind me so much of your Daddy...and I pray that you will not only follow in his creative, fun-loving footsteps (as you already do) but that God would give you the same heart that he has...a heart that loves Jesus intensely, is passionate about the Word of God, and thinks deeply about the truths in God's Word!

It's a sweet blessing to be your mom. Thank you for still wanting "cuddle time" and for not being too old to give me lots of hugs!

I love you, Titus!

Comments

Kristin,

Thank you for the special weekend and the kind words of blessing! Mom and I enjoyed our trek to Canada and loving the beautiful family the Lord has given you and Bryan to parent. The warm weather was an added bonus! You are both doing a great job with the stewardship that Jesus has entrusted to your care. Thanks, too, for not writing about the many mistakes and messes we've created along the way. God has used our "full quiver" to reveal my own sin and inadequacies and to help me become the man He wants me to be. I am grateful to you, too, for your sanctifying grace! Today we rejoice greatly that Jesus graciously provided us an opportunity to participate in the building of His kingdom; and to see the Pichura family reflecting His glory was our greatest blessing!

I am surprised, however, that you chose only to focus on the Canucks beating the Bruins and not on the Bruins beating the Canucks. The series is now tied 2-2, and I think we've figured out how to win Lord Stanley's Cup! Go Bruins!

Love you,
Dad
Titus: Your mom is right ... your laugh/giggle is sweet music and makes anyone that hears it giggle right along with you! We love you, precious one! (And yes, you are so your daddy's son ! ! !)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.