Happy Birthday Caleb!!!


Yesterday Caleb turned 6 years old! He was SO excited that it was his birthday! Every time we would wish him a Happy Birthday or comment that we couldn't believe he was 6 years old...he would just light up!

His food choices for the day were pancakes, mac'n cheese, and homemade pizza. His cake choice was pretty simple, too...chocolate cake and chocolate frosting! Though we didn't plan anything big, he loved having the day off from school (a perk of home schooling)!


Caleb,

You have a smile that lights up the room...and your eyes have a sparkle in them that always makes me wonder what you are up to!:) You love to sing...especially in the bathroom!:) In fact, as I type, you are upstairs taking a shower and I can hear you singing from all the way down here!!!

In the last two years, you have grown so much, little bean! Not so much in height...but in attitude, in joy, and in ability! You are quick to obey and change your "course" when you are instructed and corrected...not just for that moment but for the days to come...and that is such a sweet blessing to mom and dad! You used to be quick to whine...but, now, it's rare to hear you grumble and complain!

Your ability to read is AMAZING! I can't believe you are almost done with grade 1 Language Arts, though you are only finishing kindergarten! And you are one great goalie when you, your brothers, and the neighborhood kids play street hockey!

Caleb...you have a way of noticing the details...and you bless my heart with your sweet words...like when you noticed that mommy painted her toenails :) or, when you ask me how my teeth are feeling! You are quick to tell me you love me...and I want you to know, just how much I love you, too!

Happy Birthday, little monkey!

love,
Mom

Comments

Caleb: You're such a precious little boy. Your smile, your cheerfulness ... and yes, as mom says, your singing (which, by the way, is very good!) We love you little guy ! ! !
That smile is just too sweet!!! I miss you guys so much! Happy B-Day, Caleb!! ...What a cutie (and hey--not bad on almost finishing 1st language arts already! ;)