After School Snack...


...or before bed, or in their lunches, or with your coffee, or after lunch.:) Yep...this recipe is THAT good!


No-Bake Energy Bites (we are renaming them "Pichura Bits" in our house!)

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

If you want the website and the fun pictures, click here.

We are not huge coconut fans, so I added a little coconut and the rest rice krispies (though you might need to up the peanut butter a tad if you do that). I also used half ground flaxseed and half wheat germ and threw in some protein powder for good measure!

Quick...go make them fast!!! :)

Comments

I'm salivating just reading this post (okay, that was too much informtion. But I'm totally serious.) I'm making these! They sound great!!

thanks!

(And sounds like something fun/ easy that the girls can make with me!) :0)
Anonymous said…
I made them and they ARE good! Thanks for the recipe. I tweaked it by adding soome crushed almonds to replace part of the coconut. Liz
got the ingredients to make them. sound really yummy