Happy Birthday, Micah!


Yesterday, our oldest boy, Garett, would have turned 12 years old! Just one year after Garett's stillborn birth I went into labor and, early in the morning on October 3rd, I delivered a healthy 6 pound 8 ounce (3 week early) little boy!

Micah,

I can't begin to tell you what an amazing feeling it was to hold you in my arms...to feel the warmth of your body, hear your cry, and see you wriggle around. Everything we didn't get to experience with your older brother, Garett, was realized in you and I can't begin to tell you what a precious gift from God you were and continue to be!

Micah, you have made our lives exciting.:) Sometimes, we could have done without all the "excitement" but God used you, especially during your earlier years, to grow your Dad and I, to seek God's Word more and more, and to depend on Him and His wisdom and not ourselves!

You're growing up...both in height and in maturity. And you are growing up in the Lord which is our greatest blessing to see! You are starting to make decisions for yourself and, as a mom, it can be a bit scary and I can be a bit uncertain. I am used to "telling you what to do" :)....and then expecting you to follow through. It's easy for me to fall back into that mode instead of taking the time to "draw out" what is in your heart and then guide you with Scripture and encouragement. We are both growing and learning through this new season...both sinning and repenting, huh Bud?!

I am so thankful that you have your Dad to look up to and to seek his advice and council. I see you going to him more and more, as you should, and my heart rejoices knowing that your father loves Jesus more than anything else and will point you in His ways!

You often come up to me, measure your height against my own, and remind me that you will soon be taller than I am! That isn't so hard to do with a mom that is only 5 feet tall :) and I know you'll be passing me up in the next year or too. But, always remember that you will never be too tall for a hug, to big for an "I love you", or too mature for my prayers! Though you may keep growing, there will always be a little bit of me that sees you as my baby boy!

I love you, Son!

Mom

Comments

Peter Sylvester said…
What a nice tribute from a great mom to a son! Happy birthday Micah!
Kristen, thank you so much for sharing that personal letter to Micah!! We miscarried our first child and the Lord blessed us w/ Scott Michael one yr and almost 3 months later. He is 6 now! The time has flown! I could especially relate to the first paragraph you wrote to Micah! All the emotions came flooding out of me along w/ tears! And I pray that Scott also will know the grace of salvation! Thanks for blogging! Often the Lord draws me nearer w/ what you have posted. May He bless you richly! Love in Christ, Evie Wesner
I love a saying I heard many years ago ... I had it hung in my office for a number of years. "You may have outgrown my lap, but you'll never outgrow my heart."
My how time flies, I remember this little man in a car seat not too long ago, or I guess it has been about 10 years. I just want you to know Kristen that reading your blog just brings a smile to my face every time I read about you and the kids... and Brian too. I am so glad Brianna found you. Thank you for your words, (you have always been so good with them)they brighten my days!