I am teaching myself!

I got to giggling a few minutes ago because I had planned to share with you a verse that jumped out at me and blessed my heart this past week...and then I got the niggling thought that maybe I had actually written about it in the past. Sure enough, back in June of last year, I blogged about Galatians 4:19 and, as I read what I wrote, I was so thankful for another opportunity to relearn truths that continue to be living and active no matter the season of my soul or my life.

So, I guess I'll quote myself :):

"My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you..."

What a verse for mommies to treasure and ponder in their heart, huh?! We know the pain of labor...the ebb and flow...the times of pressure and the times of pain so intense it makes us see spots...to have something take over our body that we have absolutely no control over and must trust God's plan (the work He is doing) amidst the pain... knowing that the pain is producing something so beautiful and precious...a little one to hold in our arms!

How true when it comes to the salvation of our children's souls?! Salvation is a work of the Lord...yet we are called to teach, to train, to admonish, to correct...to use the Word of God in our everyday talk in such a way that our conversations point our kids to Him and lifts His name on high! It's a season of labor...the pain of our kids sinful choices is real to our own hearts and I know that we have all lifted up words that sound more like groans to the Throne of God on behalf of our children. How often my kids point me to Jesus...the One who is in control of all things...when their actions and attitudes seem to be spinning out of control and the only thing that I can do is trust the promises of God...His plan...and faithfully fulfill the role He has called me to in their lives...all the while praying that part of His plan is the salvation of their souls...that Christ would be formed in them...and that they would be a lover of Christ above all else!

So, ladies, we are still in labor...let's not forget it! May the days of pain point us to our Savior and may our "breathing technique" be one of continual breaths of prayer to our Lord. As we begin to realize more and more that, ultimately, our lives and our families are "out of our control", may we remember that NOTHING is out of the control of our Sovereign God. And when the labor pains are bringing us to the point of exhaustion may our strength be renewed by the inter-venous flow, not of drugs, but of the Word of God!

"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." Galatians 6:9

Comments