Pumpkin Scones


Trying new recipes can be one of the most frustrating things to do...in fact, I often avoid it at all costs unless there are a bunch of great reviews or someone personally tells me just how wonderful the recipe is.

I can't tell you how many recipes I have made only to go, "Well, I won't be making that one again!"

So it's super fun to post another recipe that you have just gotta make!!! YIPEE! That makes 2 in one week!!!!:)

Once Fall hits, my desire for all things pumpkin kicks into overdrive...and my love for a good cup of coffee hits an all time high!:) If you already have that good cup of coffee...this scone will be the perfect compliment!!!

I did the whole thing in my Kitchen Aid...and they turned out fantastic!

Pumpkin Scones

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (we used turbinado)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (we used our fresh pumpkin puree)
3 tablespoons half-and-half
1 large egg


Powdered Sugar Glaze

1 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk


Spiced Glaze


1 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground ginger
Pinch of ground cloves

You'll want to check out the website for the instructions and pictures!

Comments

Whooo-hooooo!! I'm making them!!!
Whoooo-hoooo!!!! I'm making them!!