This October has been a very full month with almost 3 weeks of family visiting!!!

There have been many things that I have let "slide" this month with the hustle and bustle...this blog, deep cleaning :), discipline, eating healthy, exercising, and organization.

In fact, my "anything important that I need to hold onto, review, or do some thing with" drawer is OUT OF CONTROL!!! I even took a picture in case you didn't believe me. :) In fact, if you have asked something of me, or if I have told you I would do something...you might need to touch base with me about it again. It may very well be written on a sticky note that is now stuck to the bottom of some other piece of paper. Yep, it's that bad!

Prayerfully, the fog will lift, the drawer will get organized, and my blog will gain some speed. At the moment, though, my main focus is on my soul and the souls of my kiddos. There have been weeds of sin that have been allowed to grow in all of our hearts that need some digging out!

I have been reading in 1 Timothy and my heart has been convicted and reminded that there is only one thing we are called to give ourselves "entirely to", only one thing that is "profitable for all things"...God's Word and living a life of godliness, a life that seeks to live out the Word every moment of every day. Junk drawers can get messier, blog posts can go unwritten...but the Word of God must remain a constant, a strong tower, our hope, joy, nourishment, and the blanket of truth that wraps around every thought we have!

Would you join me in heeding the council of Paul and joining in the example of Timothy as he sought to be "nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which (he) carefully followed"....setting an "example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity"...giving attention "to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine". May we "meditate on these things, give (ourselves) entirely to them, that (our) progress may be evident to all". (1 Timothy 4)

Comments