Time is ticking away....

....and I have not been documenting it as well as I would like!:) So...here is some catch up of the last couple of weeks!

Caleb lost his first tooth! Don't ask Titus what he thinks about that, though, because, although he is a year older than Caleb, he has yet to lose a tooth. It's a bit of a "sore subject" for Titus.:)


If you talk to Titus and Caleb about school...they will be quick to inform you that they go to school, too! It's only for 2 1/2 hours once a week...but, to them, its a BIG DEAL! They take their backpacks, water, snacks, and anything else they deem necessary and we drive just a few minutes down the road to TLA for their art class! They have a lovely teacher and they just love going. The last couple of weeks they have been learning about the painting works of Vincent Van Gogh and bringing home some beautiful artwork!:)

Once a week, Titus gets to enjoy a "cup" of coffee with his Dad. How it got started and when it got started, I don't remember...but I do know that Titus LOVES following in his Daddy's footsteps and that includes coffee.:) When we saw this little mug at Starbucks, it has Titus' name written all over it! (And yes, if Titus ends up the shortest of all the boys, you can blame us for it!:))

My grandparents (my dad's parents) came on Sunday to visit us for a week. We feel so incredibly blessed to have them with us. They have had health problems in recent years that made us all wonder if we would ever get to see each other again...if they would ever get to meet Samuel and Caleb. It's hard to believe they are really here! The boys are taking full advantage of my Grammy's love for games. She is being such a good sport!:) Yesterday, I overheard them talking and the conversation went something like this:

Titus: Who should go first? I'll go!

Caleb: No, Grammy should go first. Age order. :)

I cracked up!
Okay...so this actually isn't a picture of Micah's birthday cake...but it's pretty close. The one I made only had one layer of peanut butter filling in the middle. I actually borrowed this picture from my sister-in-law's blog because it was her (and her sisters) recipe that I followed. And let me tell you, it was the BOMB and SUPER EASY!!!:) Everyone raved about it and my cake making credibility soared!:) And to think it all starts with a box cake mix!

You want the recipe, don't you?!:) You can head over to Near to Nothing to get it!(PS....I didn't use the wax paper...and it still came out great!)

Comments

Loved the boys art! Good job Titus & Caleb. And Kristin, it is so good to see Grammy Parker, even if it is just a picture. She looks good and please tell her "HI" for George & I.