A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven


I have had so much to write about and no time to do it! I have often said that we try to "live by" Jim Elliot's quote, "Wherever you are, be all there"...and, in order to do that, blogging has had to take a backseat.

We had a farewell party thrown for us on Sunday and there are not words to describe how it blessed our hearts. I'll still try to come up with words :)...but I wanted to be able to really sit and think as I share about that special day...and that is going to require something I don't have a lot of right now..time!:)

I did want to take a moment to share what Bryan shared with the kids around our dining room table this morning as they headed off for their last day at "Langley Christian Academy".

He read from Ecclesiastes 3 about there being a "time for every purpose under Heaven". I loved what he said....he said that, today, the kids needed to remember that the reason that they were having to say "good-bye" is because God had allowed them to say "hello" in the first place. Though there is sadness in the good-bye, there also should be great thankfulness that He allowed us to say hello to begin with.

I couldn't help but think that the truth he shared extends to all our relationships and the sweet friendships He allowed us to say "hello" to, two years ago. There is room for tears, and there has already been and will be more...but there is also room for sweet thanksgiving over the friendships that He gave us in this season of life!

He closed with Ecclesiastes 3:14:

"I know that all God does will last forever; there is no adding to it or taking from it. God works so people will be in awe of Him."


May we all stand in awe of God today as we rejoice in the plans that He laid out for us before the foundations of the world were put in place. All that God does is for our good and for His glory and, in that, there is much hope, joy, and peace!

Comments

Marsh family said…
You penned that perfectly! Your children already, at such young ages, have had the privilege of living an amazing story... all for the glory of God. You are all saints of the faith!

Thinking and praying for your kidlings today as they experience the tears and sorrow of saying goodbye~May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

much love
Ruth Erickson said…
You know, as a child I moved a lot with my family too. Some moves were more difficult than others. But what I will NEVER forget (even 50 years later) are the TRUE friends that we kept...AND seeing first hand how God works in our lives!!!

Your children are going to be so much stronger in their faith AND also their family! As they mature in their walk with Christ they will be able to see from past experiences (packing & moving, making a wealth new friends, yet keeping the best of the "old" ones, etc.)how GOD actually LEAD your family. They will also see that HE WILL NEVER LEAVE them...no matter WHERE they may end up living in life!

With all that said, I also know the heartache that is attached to moving and leaving dear friends! But remember that there IS a friend that "sticketh closer than a brother" and HE will be with you ALWAYS!!! I also am reminded of how Christ felt as He was entering into His time of death. He not only took on ALL our sins...but He also had to be separated from GOD completely! How lonely He must have felt...I can't even imagine!!! But I'm so grateful for His sacrifice, because I will NEVER have to know that feeling!!!

So as you continue to mourn the loss of your friendships and past, be extremely aware that you still have God in your life...walking every step with you and sometimes even carrying you!

I'm sure that you KNOW all of this...but sometimes it helps to be reminded! (Besides I felt God leading me to write this to you!)

Looking forward to hearing where God is leading you next. And hopefully I will get to see you and those beautiful children again!!!

Love ALL you Pichuras!!!
In Christ name, your sister,
Ruth