Sarah's Bridal Shower


Over the weekend, my mom, the girls, and I made a trip up to Seattle for my brother's fiance's bridal shower. Paul and Sarah are getting married on May 12...and we are so excited for them and this new season of life they are about to enter. And I am super excited about my soon to be sister-in-law! Sarah loves Jesus with all of her heart...and so does Paul. That means they will be starting their marriage with Jesus as the focus and the goal...and that is where all good marriages start and must stay!

We were also able to spend some time with Sarah's mom, Jenny...and what a blessing it was to get to know her better! It's so nice when you move out of "stranger" and into friend!:)

Another sister-in-law, Michelle, put together Sarah's shower...and it was absolutely beautiful! There were flowers, food, and sweet fellowship in abundance Sunday afternoon!:)
My most favorite part of the shower came at the end when we took time to pray for Sarah and Paul. We were given, as a group, topics to pray for (ie: the days leading up to the wedding, their first month as a couple, learning to serve each other, etc...) and then "popcorn prayers" went up throughout the room as 25 ladies took Paul and Sarah before the Throne of Grace and prayed for them. It was something that I don't ever remember doing at a shower...but something I will recommend from here on out!
Can't wait to drive back up in May for a wedding celebration!

Comments