Tomorrow's Supply


"If tomorrow's supply depended on today's thanksgiving, how much would I have?"
-Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I can't help but think that if the above quote were true, there would be days where I would have nothing. Praise the Lord that His mercies are new every morning and His faithfulness is great! There is nothing in my life that I should NOT give thanks for...since I know that all that comes to me each day has first gone through the hands of God and has a good purpose for my life!

And on a very different note...as you think of "tomorrow's supply", look in your cupboards to see if you have the ingredients on hand to make the following recipe!:) I have been looking for cheaper alternatives to cereal and have found a BIG WINNER in this recipe. The kids love it with some milk poured on top!

BAKED OATMEAL SQUARES

Ingredients

1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup raisins
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cut into squares.

(note: I double the recipe and bake it in a 9 by 13 pan. I also cut the oil in half and replace it with applesauce...and, who needs raisins when you can replace them with mini chocolate chips :))

Comments