Happy Birthday Titus!

I have had an empty womb for the last 8 years. It's hard to believe! There was a time when I felt like I was always pregnant and now I can barely remember what it felt like to have a baby inside of me.  I am so thankful for the gift of life...both inside and outside the womb!

Today, my mommy's heart is full and so are my eyes as I thank God for the gift He has given our family in our son Titus! Eight years ago, today, Titus entered the world through a cut in my belly. The scar has since healed beautifully....and our dear boy has grown wonderfully!

Much of life, with 3 toddlers and a newborn, is a blur as I look back on it. I wish I had more memories stored in my head, but I am so thankful for pictures!!! I am not sure if they "jog the memories in my head" or if they actually recreate them :) but, either way, I am so grateful for them!

Titus was my only "summer baby" and I can remember how fun it was to see his barely clothed body sleeping, wiggling, and smiling. It was fun not having to bundle him all up and being able to spend extra time looking at his cute little feet and toes! And summer outfits are just so much fun! :)

Titus was an easy going baby....in fact, when he was 6 weeks old, we took him camping to Lake Tahoe with my parents! He slept under the table in their trailer in a make-shift bed. You have to be easy going to do that! Although, I distinctly remember at least one night where he ended up in his daddy's arms to sleep off his "fidgets".

Maybe that was the night that Titus sucked up all of Bryan's personality?!:)

Titus is not just a daddy's boy....he is his daddy's clone! Well, almost. I guess Bryan was not very opinionated and "stuck in his own way" growing up (and he still isn't now!)...but Titus has an opinion about everything and often lives as though having a different opinion than his is just plain dumb!:) For the most part, he is so easy going...but when he has determined he must have his own way, he often ends up with one sore bum and logs many hours on his bed!:)

Okay...back to being a daddy's boy. Titus has an imagination like his dad ( I was not born with an imagination gene!) Whatever interests him at the moment is not just something he plays with...it's something he becomes. Policeman, Prince Caspian, Firefighter, Sheriff, Drummer, Pastor, etc...there is no half-way with Titus....it's all or nothing.

He has amazing balance like his dad and, therefore, loves (and is REALLY good at) skate boarding and paddle boarding. In fact, Bryan took him paddle boarding yesterday for his birthday and he had a few "onlookers". Of course, when you put a cute 4 foot kid on a 10 foot board, I guess it's going to draw attention. :)

Titus also has his Daddy's humor. There is a lot of laughter in our house because of Bryan....and, with each passing year, Titus keeps us laughing more and more, too!

One "skill" he did not pick up from his Dad is that of drumming and singing. :) He has his Papa Parker to thank for the drumming and Nanny Pichura to thank for the singing, I think! He and Caleb often spend hours each day (yes, hours!) singing and "drumming". Up till now, his drum set as been a collection of helmets, tops of bins, sleeping bags, etc...

Today, that changed!:)

His collective birthday gift from all his relatives was a electronic drum set.  He was SO EXCITED! Thankfully, we caught it on video (see the bottom of this post). In fact, as I sit here typing, he just passed his third hour of drumming and singing this morning!

There is an excitement and "spark" to our house with Titus in it...and we are all so thankful to call him son, brother, and friend!

Dear Titus, 


Happy Birthday Tater-Tot! 

It's hard to believe you are 8 years old. Although, I have to say, you have really "grown-up" before our eyes these past few months. Gone is the little boy and, in his place, is a little young man who uses gel in his hair!:)  But there are still many things that I hope you never grow out of....the hugs, the "I love you's", your sensitive spirit, and your precious smile. 


You used to tell me that you wanted to marry me someday :) And, while you may know now that that is just not possible, I pray that I am and will continue to be a mom who seeks to live for Jesus and be like Jesus....and that, by the grace of God, I can be an example of what you should look for in a wife. 


And, I pray that you will not just follow Dad's example when it comes to skate boarding and paddle boarding...but that you will follow his example when it comes to loving Jesus. Your Dad thinks deeply on the things of the Lord, Titus. He loves Jesus and His Word most of all and THAT is what makes him a great Dad! I pray that his example will encourage you to be the man that God wants you to be!


Much has already been said, in this post,  about the joy that you bring to our home. You bring many giggles, smiles, laughs, and fun to our house!  We love you so much, sweet son!


All my love, 
Mom


Comments

Loved the video, and love the precious little boy that was so excited to receive the special gift he so wanted! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you, Titus, but know that we are with you in thought and that you are always with us in our hearts! We love you, Nanny & Gramps P.S. I don't know why mom thinks you got your singing from me ... God gifted you with that all on His own.
Titus

I was blessed today to be able to enjoy your grateful smile and the joy you passed on to those of us who celebrated your birthday in person! Thanks for letting me test out your new electronic drums and for sharing your cookie-dough balls; and while Papa's aging has left me a bit rusty and slow with the sticks, you showed signs of real promise as a percussionist! (Ask Mom what that means). I look forward to watching you develop into a prodigy drummer for the glory of God. May Jesus develop the gift you have for music and give you a beat that will magnify His name all the days of your life. We love you, buddy!

Papa

PS. Grandma sends her love and birthday wishes, too. She is grieved that her fibro flare-up has kept her home this past week.
Michelle P said…
Wow, what a birthday! We love you Titus and are excited to hear your sweet drumming skills! :)