A Prayer A Day

A precious friend of mine sent me a prayer today that she is praying for me and my family. It was a prayer she got from Scotty Smith at Gospel Coalition. 

Just the fact that she is praying for us warms my heart and encourages my spirit immensely....but knowing WHAT she is praying made it all the more beautiful.

I went to go and find the prayer for myself...and I found even more!!!! It's a gold mine of prayers!!! I am not sure how Pastor Smith has escaped my notice till now....but boy, does this pastor have a way with words. And having those words in the form of prayers just makes them all the more precious!

His prayers, to me, are like a modern day "Valley of Vision" (prayers by Puritans)...and, not only can you get them sent to your email every day...but you can buy one of his three books, too!

Can you tell I am excited?!

Truth is, sometimes I am not sure what to pray when I am praying for others.  I feel like I just ate a bunch of peanut butter and then tried to talk. I feel stuck. I know the Holy Spirit intercedes for me...but I also want to grow in thinking deep and praying deep.

God just gave me some help....maybe it will help and encourage you, too!

Comments

Hey! Thanks for the link to Scotty Smith's blog! I've got it bookmarked now---good reading, to pray and meditate on. Thanks for sharing, Sista!