Four years ago right about now....

....we walked in the door of our home, no longer a family of six but a family of eight.

No longer wondering what it was like to travel to a foreign country, greet children we had never met before, and bring them home with us...not for the weekend, or a month, but for always.

Four years ago we adopted...and, in a moment, our lives changed in little ways, big ways, and all the ways in between.

All because of Jesus and all for His glory!

Samuel Aaron Pichura and Caleb Moses Pichura.

Once they held a last name of Aziz, and now they are Pichuras. We can't imagine what life was like without them. It's hard to remember the days when we were just six. The number eight just feels right...and it should since it was a number planned out before time began.

Adopted.

Once I, too,  had a different name and a different father. My situation, like many, was desperate. I was a child of darkness and my father was Satan. Then, one day, it happened...

Adoption.

In the moment of my salvation, I received a new name, child of light, and the perfect Father, the King of kings and the Lord of lords. I can't imagine my life without the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, the blood of Jesus covering all my sin and guilt, and welcome I have into God's very presence through His Word and prayer. My new life in Christ feels right...and it should since it was planned out before time began.

Twenty-three years ago I was adopted....and, in that moment, my life began changing in little ways, big ways, and all the ways in between.

All because of Jesus, and all for His glory!

(and, if you want to read more about our homecoming, the precious help of so many who made it possible, and the adjustments that took place....just head back to July of 2009 on my blog. Plus, there is a hysterical video of Caleb "rapping". We had so much fun tonight eating brownies, sharing memories, and looking back at the blog and all the pictures from 4 years ago :))

Comments

Ruth Erickson said…
I remember that day very well!! And I can't believe it's been 4 years already!! I will always feel like a 2nd grandma to your kids!!! Miss you all.
Matt5verse6 said…
Whoa, four years have flown by!!! It seems like just yesterday (but maybe that's because I don't see you guys...except on here). I was thinking of Samuel and Caleb (and all of you), today (November 6, 2013). I have never met them but I did get to talk to them (over the phone while they were in the van with you), once. I bet they are adjusted to life, here, now and have forgotten what their lives were like, before adoption. How they can tell you, now, what they're words could not express, then. Your family is beautiful!!! Miss you guys, lots! (We don't live in RV anymore...close though.) Wishing you all the best, always!!! <3
Jen Longstreth said…
So glad to see you blogging again! Wow I still have that picture on my fridge. I didn't realize it was 4 years old. Funny, our youth pastor and his family are leaving tonite for a new ministry opportunity and it made me think to check your blog.
I think of you and your family often!
Kristin said…
Jen...my heart welled up and I had a big smile on my face when I got your comment!!! We think of you guys and, over 13 years later, so thankful for the friendship God gave us with you!!!! How are you guys doing? Are you on Facebook?