More Love to Thee

On this Valentine's Day, my heart rejoices in the many "loves" that God has given me. I'm married to "the one my soul loves"... my best friend who also happens to be my favorite counselor and pastor! :) I have six "little" loves, who are soon to pass me up in height and who we continue to pray grow in "the grace and knowledge of God" way beyond their statures....and one, who went from my womb to Heaven and knows the Author of love in a way we have yet to experience!  I have family, friends and a church family that live out love in a way that testifies to the faithful love of God, encourages my own heart, and consistently points me, by their example, to the greatest love...that of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

As I think about all these precious people, I am reminded that the only way to truly love them, is with Christ's love flowing through me. And the only way to have Christ's love overflowing in my life is to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. And the only way to love Him more is to know Him more through His revealed Word! I love how Jen Wilkin puts it in her book "Women of the Word":

"The knowledge of God and the knowledge of self always go hand in hand. In fact, there can be no true knowledge of self apart from the knowledge of God. He is the only reference point that is reliable. So, when I read that God is longsuffering, I realize that I am not longsuffering. When I read that God is slow to anger, I realize that I am quick to anger. When I read that God is just, I realize that I am unjust. Seeing who He is shows me who I am in a true light. A vision of God high and lifted up reveals to me my sin and increases my love for Him. Grief and love lead to genuine repentance, and I begin to be conformed to the image of the One I behold."

More love to Thee, more love to Thee!









Comments