This is the day that the Lord has made!

"Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus - the great Shepherd of the sheep - with the blood of the everlasting covenant, equip you with all that is good to do His will, working in us what is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."          Hebrews 13:20-21


What God calls us to, He equips us for. His strength is made perfect in weakness and His grace is sufficient for each moment.

I was reminded of this very truth on Sunday seconds after causing an accident (my first) that totaled our mini-van and, most likely, the other car involved. After the initial moments of shock wore off, and it was clear everyone involved was okay....the words "This is the day" flooded my mind, bringing peace to my soul, giving me sweet courage for the moments to come, and a thankful heart for the mercies and grace of our Lord!

God had equipped my heart with words that I had just shared with our dear church ladies the morning before. The words came from a verse and a blog post:

"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24

Michael Kelley shared his thoughts on this verse in his post entitled "This. Is. The. Day.":

"Regardless of what this day holds, it is the day that the Lord has made. He is not some cosmic clockmaker who set the universe in motion and then stood apart, watching it tick away. He’s still in the business of making days, and He’s made this one for me. Although I know very little of the potential ups or downs or highs or lows that this day holds, it is nevertheless the one made by the Lord. Because it is made by the Lord, I know that along with making it He has also given me the resources I need for it. I have the grace I need. The patience I require. The perseverance necessary. The discipline to do and work. Along with this day He’s made He has also given me His limitless supply which I take hold of by faith."

There is much more to his post...and it's worth reading! 

I am so thankful for God's provision, protection, purposes, and the precious truth that each day is given to us by the Lord to accomplish the desires of His heart and to transform me into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. Therefore, I can rejoice...even when it is not the day I had planned for or hoped for!


Comments