What is God’s Will for My Life?

If you are anything like me, there are times when you just wish the Lord would send you a letter, outlining His will for your life and exactly what He has planned for your coming day, week, month or even year. The unknown can be a place where the sins of fear, worry, impatience and even frustration rear their ugly heads and we wonder how we so quickly went from pursuing Spirit-filled walking to flesh-filled stumbling. 
In those times, I have to remind myself…preach to myself…that God has indeed sent me a letter and I have all the knowledge I need to walk a faith-filled life of dependence and trust every day, week, month and year. The Bible, in conjunction with the power of the Holy Spirit, gives me everything I need for “life and godliness”. I don’t have to know every detail to know what God desires from me; what His will is for my life. 

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” I Thess. 5:16-18

God’s Word has also given me a “cloud of witnesses” to learn from, to be encouraged by and to see my great God at work. Their testimony has blessed my heart richly, though they lived thousands of years ago; and I couldn’t help but think a few of them might encourage your hearts, too, as you pursue God’s will for your life. 

So, join me for the next couple of weeks as we look at a couple of books that might not be the place you would normally look for heroes of the faith….Kings and Chronicles. There’s a lot of living done in these books…and a lot we can learn about the King of kings and the One who has chronicled all our days and all of history before the world began! 


Comments