Parenting with Purpose, Pursuit and Peace

As I continue to read through the Bible this year, I found myself in Acts 20….and encouraged as a parent by some of what Paul shared from his own heart. Of course, this can apply to any believer in any season of life, but this tugged on my “mama’s heart” and reminded me of what my calling ultimately is. 

Acts 20:24 “But I consider my life of no value to myself; my purpose is to finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace.” 

Acts 20:32 “And now I commit you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you an inheritance among all who are sanctified.” 

My purpose: To testify to the gospel of God’s glorious grace, day in and day out, with no consideration for my own comfort and ease. 

My pursuit: To run this race of faith with endurance and with a desire not to be served but to serve, seeking to be sanctified in Christ, with eyes fixed on the prize of my inheritance which is imperishable and unfading, kept in heaven for me. 

My peace: It is the Word of God that transforms, that changes hearts, that saves sinners. My job is not to effect change but to proclaim the words of life…the words of grace…that are able to save the souls of those I love: building them up in Christ and giving them an inheritance among the saints. Not I, but Christ!  

Three goals out of two verses and one God who enables it all….for our good and His glory…in my family and in yours! 


Comments