If You've Ever Had a Bad Day...Keep Reading :)

A few weeks ago my sister told me about an article written by Carolyn Mahaney and I am so glad she shared it with me. I loved it! 


Of course the title caught my attention right away. Is that Biblical? Is that even right for a believer to say? After all, “This is the day that the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be GLAD in it”.  Yet, we all would agree that there are many days that are hard and filled with trials. There are many days that we wish we did not have to endure or, at least, would like to skip parts of it. 

I was so encouraged by Carolyn’s words of wisdom, blessed by her insight and so thankful for the time she took to write and share. In fact, a group of us gals got together a couple of weeks ago for an early morning “coffee” and, after plenty of catching up and chatting, took some time to talk about this blog post and share how God had challenged and encouraged our own hearts with it. 

The timing was also perfect because my Bible reading plan placed me in Ecclesiastes this week. Sitting on a plane yesterday gave me extra time to read…so, I started with chapter one and ended when the book was over. I’ve read Ecclesiastes over a dozen times before, but I don’t think I’ve ever read it all in one sitting. It was so helpful. Unbroken, I saw threads of thought and themes I hadn’t fully noticed before, and it made me want to take to heart Carolyn’s encouragement to study it more; to better understand what it means to live life “under the sun” in the fear of the Lord. 

Maybe you will too?! 

“I know that everything God does will last forever; there is no adding to it or taking from it. God works so that people will be in awe of him.” Ecclesiastes 3:14


Comments

Amy Ferguson said…
THAT was a fabulous article! Thank you for sharing!!