Old Things New

I started a blog over a decade ago to document and write about the Lord’s faithfulness in our adoption process. Throughout that year of blogging I realized how much I enjoyed writing. It forced me to truly pause and ponder what God was teaching me…both through His Word and through the circumstances of life. I could never share with others until I grasped the truth for myself…and writing helped to embed God’s Word into my heart and grow in wisdom as that knowledge was applied. By God’s grace, this habit has yielded much fruit in my own heart and life and has been an encouragement to others.  

Yet, as is often the case, I am prone to forget. The very truths God has taught me, I need to be reminded of again. I am not unlike the Israelites: 

"Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons.”  Deuteronomy 4:9

This past year, I have found myself going back and reading my own old blog posts….reminding myself of God’s faithful mercy and steadfast love in the everyday moments of life. By God’s grace, my own words have encouraged and strengthened my heart as they have reminded me of God’s greatness and goodness. They have also convicted and rebuked my heart as I realize how patterns of sin can slowly creep back up in my life. I need to remember and need the “tools” I’ve learned in the past to keep fighting the good fight of the faith. 

It got me thinking that 2020 would be a great year for the old to merge with the new. This is a new website, a new blog….but many of the posts will be old posts made new. I’ll take thoughts and ideas from the past, update and edit them, and deliver them in this “new space”. You’ll still be able to access the old blog site…but fresh content will only be found at www.justtheclay.com . (It’s also a step towards creating the devotional book that many of you have encouraged me to pursue.)

I’m sure most of you have already had this thought, but this year, 2020, reminds me of vision…perfect vision. Vision, by one definition, is “the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom”. Oh, how I desire that all of our thoughts and plans for the future will be infused with wisdom. And there is only one place wisdom is found…in fearing and knowing the Lord. Perfect Vision is found when we look upon the Perfect One as He has revealed Himself in His Perfect Word. My prayer is that this new blog will aid us in that endeavor…to the praise of His glory! 



Comments