Ethiopia...Here We Come!!!!





This morning we received word that the CWA office in Ethiopia received both Samuel and Caleb's birth certificates!!! That means we are officially headed over to Ethiopia on Saturday, July 11th!!!! It is literally only 2 1/2 weeks away!!!!

Our trip itinerary looks like this:

Friday, July 10th we'll head over to Seattle since our flight leaves 7:30 am on Saturday.

Saturday we will depart from Seattle, make a stop in Washington DC, and then make the almost 16 hour trip to Addis Ababa after one stop in Rome to refuel. We will arrive in Addis around 7 pm Sunday night.

Prayerfully, we can get a good night sleep on Sunday night and then we will head to the foster home to pick up the boys Monday morning and fill out some paperwork.

Tuesday is our date at the Embassy (to fill out more paperwork!), Wednesday is a "down day" at the Ethiopian Guest House we will be staying at, and Thursday morning we should get their visas.

We leave on the 10 pm flight out of Addis on Thursday, do everything we did coming backwards :) and, Lord willing, arrive back in Seattle on Friday around 3:30 pm.

Friends from church will watch the kids and then more of our dear friends will drive our crew down to Seattle on Friday so they can all meet us at the airport and then we can drive home as a family! :) One big, tired, happy family!:)

We still have a lot of paperwork to fill out before we go and I am really looking forward to going shopping for some of the items the orphanages need. Some of you have asked if you could help out with that... I listed the items on a previous post, or you can send a check and I can go purchase things and give them whatever money we didn't spend. I know that the "cash" will go a long way in Ethiopia too!

There are still some things that we need to get for the boys, but we have slowly been working on that for the last couple of weeks so it does not feel overwhelming. My biggest dilemma is what to bring for snacks on the airplane ride home...not to mention entertainment on the "forever" 16 hour flight! I am sure most of the food is going to seem strange to them, but I still know how much snacks can help pass the time, at least for me it does...tee-hee.:)

As always we would covet your prayers...and we thank you so much for walking this road with us, for weeping with us and for rejoicing with us...I know it truly is only the beginning!!!

"What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits toward me? I shall lift up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord." Psalm 116:12-13

Comments

Ruth said…
Kristin, You might want to check with the airline too, to see what snacks they allow on the plane. They also have new rules on the size of liquid containers you can take on a plane in your carry on. It kind of made me upset when they took my water bottle from me going through the security gate and yet I could buy that same size bottle from a vendor INSIDE the airport and take that on the plane!
Also, if you need backup sitters for the kids...let me know! We can make a "double batch" this time :)
I'm so excited for you...and can't WAIT to meet those new sons of yours!
Kristin Cheney said…
I'm going to post your schedule on my wall and pray for you often. And b/c you asked, I have 2 suggestions...one food and the other play. Granola bars (my kids love the Sunblet (cheap) honey and oat-they are soft. And get a picture book on America or even just Washington.

May God continue to go before you and smooth the road as you deligently pursue His plan for your lives.
Jen L said…
Wow, what a whirlwind this has been for you! I have been reading through the Gospels and all the examples of faith that the people had for Jesus to heal them. What a test of faith you have been through relying on Christ every step of the way. How exciting the next 2 weeks will be. We will be praying for safety and strength for your big trip!
Thanks so much for your prayers!!! Ruth..I think the restrictions are only for liquid :) And Kristin, thanks so much for the suggestions...I never thought of a book about the US (or Washington) great idea!!! Thanks so much for praying!!!
Tyffany said…
We are so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet Samuel and Caleb!! We love you guys and of course will be praying for you!
Matt5verse6 said…
I am so overjoyed I am rendered speechless...if you can believe that! Wow! God is AWESOME!!! My prayers and heart are with you as you travel and as the boys begin to adjust to their new, yet wonderfully blessed, Christ centered life!!! I am excited to know you have Ethiopian friends (in Seattle?) whom you can call upon for assistance. Our God is truly an AWESOME God!!!
nwestmama said…
Wonderful, simply wonderful!
For His Glory said…
May you use these next couple of weeks to prepare for some major downtime and undoubtedly when you get back!! Really keep your schedule low key...You are in for the most wonderful change of a lifetime, but there are sooo many things that will now require your attention like never before...I know God's grace will make all of that happen as you seek to honor Him!! You are going to AFRICA!!!! AHHHHH, CRAZY GIRL!
crystal said…
I cant wait kristin!!!!I pray your trip is beautiful in a sense that you and bryan will be blessed in a way that comes only from a blessing of God in your heart when you travel there and back with the boys and we know it will be a trip that will make you very tired lol.
Anonymous said…
I am feeling the anticipation with you!! You are in my prayers. :-)