Becoming the Woman of His Dreams


Does it sound a bit corny? Maybe a bit "out of reach"? Should your husband just keep dreaming because that is as close as it going to get?

"Becoming the Woman of His Dreams" is the title of a book written by Sharon Jaynes. I had never heard of her before until reading Aileen Challies article "False Messages". You know, the free e-book I posted back in January all about that short little word that we don't like to say or talk about though we all could use a healthy dose of advice and encouragement about...yep...sex!

Anyway, Aileen cited Sharon's book in her e-book and so I decided to read it. It was well worth my time. She uses the book to look at seven qualities every man longs for. According to Sharon, he longs to be prayed for, respected, adored, have you initiate friendship with him, safeguard your marriage, encourage him, and sexually fulfill him. I have to say, after reading the book, I think she hit a lot of "nails on the head" and I was reminded, blessed, encouraged, inspired, and taught things I did not know or had really taken much time to think about!

I realized how easy it was for me to become "me-centered" in our marriage...often thinking of MY needs, MY desires, and MY thoughts on how things should be. Sharon did a great job of helping me to see more clearly what my husband might be needing, desiring, and thinking. It's a perspective that I so very much need to have if I am to truly honor the Lord in my marriage by considering Bryan more important than myself and considering how I can spur him on to love and good deeds!

I was thinking what a neat gift it would be to give your husband your already read copy of "Becoming the Woman of His Dreams" on Father's Day...and letting him know that, by the grace of God, you are working on making his dreams comes true!

Comments